Discover Dumaguete City: Gabby's B&B

The trip to Siquijor was never expected. We were on our way to San Carlos when I realized that I lost my camera so Finny and I decided to come back to Canlaon City to rest and get some more sleep for the following day, since I was so depressed about losing my brother's camera. We woke up early the following day and at about 5 am we were already at the Ceres Terminal at Canlaon City. There were two buses for us to choose, one going to Dumaguete and the other one to San Carlos where we can ride to Don Salvador, Negros' Little Baguio. It wasn't that hard for us to decide even if we don't know how much time we can allot for Dumaguete and worse of we still have money left to go there and come back. 

But it was already an opportunity for us to visit Dumaguete and we've thought about Siquijor. That feeling of being so close yet not being able to go there is the worst feeling that I don't ever want to feel when I travel. So anyway, we rode the bus to Dumaguete. Supposedly it would only take us 4 hours to arrive there but instead we travelled for almost 5 hours.While on our way, I got in contact with our friend since high school, Nutz, who currently resides in Dumaguete, fortunately. She gave us instructions to meet up with her at Rizal Boulevard.

We arrived at Dumaguete about 10 am and we met up with Nutz. We rode a tricycle to the place she suggested where we should have brunch. I forgot how much it cost per person but I gues about 8 to 10 pesos each. There are no cabs for hire in Dumaguete City and it's far from the normal cities we see on TV. 


So here is Gabby's B&B

The interior....



Their menu. I always take a picture of the menu because I always forget what we ate and the price so this also serves as my reference. 


I had their "Mangaon ta", with two viands and two eggs etc. Finny had the same two but she chose different viands than mine. 

We all had their cucumber lemonade, Nutz suggested that we should try this. 

And this is what Nutz had, their Fritata/Omelette. 

We finished all of our food and the plate was left spotless. It was either we were very hungry or it was just the food was tasty. It was a bit expensive for Dumaguete, I think, because it kinda is the standard prices I often see at bigger cities, but it was very satisfying and worth it. Nutz paid for our food, so thank you Nutz! After finishing our brunch we headed to Dumaguete Port for our next adventure, Siquijor!

Comments

  1. I want to try Hot cakes with combination for breakfast.like to visit GABBY'S B&B

    NegosyongPinoy.info

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts