Discover Iloilo: San Jose Cafe at The Atria


Since I was away from Iloilo to review for the board exam in Manila, there had been a lot of improvements and new cafes and restaurants have sprung in the City of Love. So when Finny and I met for coffee where we also discussed about our backpacking trip, we decided to have it at San Jose Cafe.

There is this place at San Rafael, called Atria, which is managed by the Ayala group. There are lots of cafes and restaurants in the vicinity which is also a bit pricey compared to their other branches in the city. For example I used to have iced tea ( Dilmah's Rose with Vanilla tea) at Zatazza for only 40 pesos, but at their Atria branch I think I paid 70 pesos for it. Their iced tea is 10 pesos more expensive than hot ones. But anyway, here's what we ordered at San Jose Cafe:


Finny's strawberry milkshake which tasted like real strawberries not just made of powdered strawberry flavor. It cost a  little bit over 100 pesos. I had their hazelnut frappe which was about 90 pesos I think, and Finny also ordered the sweet potato cake can't remember how much it cost but probably around 50 pesos to 100 pesos. 

I tried taking this artsy photo of Finny. 

This is the view outside from my side. 

The cafe felt like a cozy place to hang out. I can't find any more description for it. The best that I can come up for is I think "okay". Not that I am very creative with describing stuff but I just did not feel any intense emotions for the cafe. I might be back though, I like Zatazza more even if it's pricier. 

Comments

Popular Posts