Discover Dumaguete: Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries

After Siquijor, and thank God we made it to the port before the RORO left for Dumaguete. When we arrived, Nutz met up with us at the port and we headed to her apartment to take a bath and freshen up. When I'm at home, I like watching travel shows and I remember watching an episode in Travel Asia about Dumaguete. Rizal Boulevard used to be very lively, but since it is undergoing some improvements right now, there is only a small part for street food eating and live music. But it was fun walking along the street and people are as lively as ever. 


Nutz wanted us to have dinner at Sans Rival. Finny is always in charge of doing research so I have no idea what are the popular restaurants in the city. 


Just like when we were at Calea in Bacolod, our jaws dropped when we saw the prices for each slice of this delectable cakes. This made me wanna live in Dumaguete. 

Nutz and I ordered the same food, while Finny had chicken. The prices were reasonable, and I think I found it cheap actually, though I forgot how much it was.

But the best of all was their Silvanas. I have never tasted something like it before. It melted on my mouth and it made want to eat more and more and never get tired of it. Unfortunately for us only these 6 pieces were left, which was also fortunate of us that there were still 6 pieces left. Until now, I still am craving to taste these Silvanas and will definitely be back to Dumaguete for this. 

Of course a picture of us, Sans Rival is actually a classy kind of restaurant and I can hear people talking like "conyos" inside. Not that I have anything against them, I talk like that sometimes, but I avoid doing so as much as possible to avoid being branded as"sosyal" because I am not. So anyway, the best thing in Dumaguete for me are those Silvanas. There are a lot of good restaurants in the are, and though it was a smaller city compared to Iloilo, it was safe to walk around and people are as lively in the night just as they are during the day. Again, Nutz treated us and we are forever thankful to our friend for being very hospitable and kind. I hope we can visit her again or maybe she can come visit us in Iloilo or me here in Manila. Cheers to more years of friendship and lifelong bonds! Also more places to visit and explore and of course food to taste and gobble up! HA! 




Comments

Popular Posts